With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
A General Manager with Hilton Garden Inn and Suites is responsible for managing the Hotel Executive team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Manage ongoing profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
• Lead in all aspects of business planning, manage key hotel issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
• Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel and Hilton.
• Agree financial targets with Senior Management team and ensure they are kept up to date with on-going financial information.
• Deliver set goals for hotel budgets and set other short- and long- term strategic goals for the hotel.
• Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
• Comply with and exceed Hilton Brand Service Standards.
• Ensure costs are controlled and revenue opportunities are effectively sourced and delivered.
• Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within Hilton.
• Ensure coaching activities are provided as required in order to develop team members potential and departmental succession plans are in place for the hotel, improving Team Member turnover figures.
• Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team.
• Ensure 2-way communication processes with team members are set up and work effectively and respond to viewpoint feedback in order to address colleague issues and achieve targets.
• Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved and compliance with all statutory requirements.
• Communicate regularly with owner’s representatives, provide them with required formal reports and builds a cordial relationship directed towards a mutually beneficial on-going association.
• Communicate Hilton’s mission and strategy throughout the business.
• Achieve QA targets, maintain and improve GSTS results.
• Manage the integration of IT initiatives.
• Ensure accurate forecasting, predicting potential highs and lows in business and initiate necessary changes.
• Analyze variances and initiate appropriate action plans.
• Implement capital expenditure decisions in line with business performance.
• Manage cash flow, assets and costs to optimize profit conversion and deliver against the plan.
• Keep up to date with global trends and developments in business, the economy and technology.
What are we looking for?
A General Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
• 10 years related work experience.
• Experience as General Manager or Director of Operations within a similar quality hotel.
• Possess strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability.
• Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results in a similar sized property.
• Possess excellent leadership and communication skills, persuasive and assertive in negotiations.
• In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector.
• Use customer feedback to activate long-term improvements in products and services.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written, displaying confidence in communication to a wide range of audiences.
• Able to present information in a professional and open manner.
• Invest time in building valuable business relationships with people e.g., colleagues, customers and owners.
• Diplomatic in difficult situations and able to build trust. Approachable and shows empathy towards colleagues and customers.
• Adaptable to multiple styles and aware of cultural differences.
• Able to consider a wide range of alternatives when making decisions and willing to commit to firm, unambiguous and sound decisions.
• Entrepreneurial, continually spot opportunities to increase revenue or reduce costs in the context of a changing business environment.
• Understand that financial success is underpinned by a balanced approach to the business through focus on quality, people and customers.
• Establish a clear long-term vision through an understanding of the local marketplace / business plan and in the context of company-wide objectives.
• Has the tenacity to achieve challenging targets, does not give up when faced with setbacks, remains calm and focused under time pressure and when dealing with difficult or confrontational situations.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hilton.com.